Here's a Brief List to Help you Prepare your Home for Sale!
- Make sure outside landscaping is trimmed, tidy & has fresh pots of seasonal flowers
- Keep walkways, garages & unfinished basements broom swept
- Deep clean the kitchen and ALL bathrooms - they should sparkle
- Fix all known electrical, plumbing and structural issues - replace burnt out light bulbs
- Freshen inside with new paint, light fixtures and hardware
- Replace old or worn flooring with carpeting, tile or hardwood
- Remove excess furniture/items - donate, pack or discard
DON'T Underestimate the Power of the FOYER!
The FOYER is the 3rd Impression the prospective Buyer processes
when making a decision to look at the house further .....
1st is the Neighborhood & 2nd is the Curb Appeal.
Statistics tell us that upon entering a house, a Buyer takes no more than 90 seconds to experience an emotional reaction to what they see, smell and visualize.
The goal is to trigger a "wow" factor with the Buyer by making sure the Foyer and ALL rooms that are visible from the Foyer have a collaborative look in color and decor. You want the Buyer to be intrigued enough to continue looking at your house while mentally visioning their own items in the spaces.
How to Live in a Staged Home
You have now invested in staging your property for sale. What an accomplishment!
It looks beautiful and you are now ready to go on the market… but the key for a quick sale also involves keeping it staged.
It is very important that you keep your property in the same condition that your professional stager has designed. The chair that is now in a new room may not be where you imagined it, but your professional stager understands that the new placement is ideal for selling your property. The placement of your items is crucial when your house is staged. The buyers must be able to mentally move into “their” new home. Do your very best to keep the furniture arrangements as they are. If it is imperative to make a change, consult your professional stagers before making any changes. Chances are we will be able to make a change to accommodate your needs.
It is also important for everyone in the family to follow these 9 simple tips.
- Make all beds everyday
- Keep all toilet seats down
- Make sure towels are hung properly
- Make sure all crumbs are cleaned from counter tops after meals
- Turn all lights on when showing and have FM radio with light music on during showings
- Don’t leave dirty clothes on the floor and put all your belongings away
- Keep all counter top items put away
- Keep medications out of site
- Don’t cook foods with odors that will linger
Remember this is a short period of time to keep up a staged property. When the property "Closes" take everyone out for a family outing or a congratulations dinner. Simply buying the kids a new CD, toy or concert tickets for your teen may be just the reward they are looking for.
It is important to recognize the entire family’s efforts in the process of selling your home.
Click here to edit text